Apply for an Exhibition
The Quincy Art Center exhibition schedule is designed to educate and challenge its audience by providing a broad and diverse selection of artwork primarily created by Midwestern artists. Work by national and international figures is also presented from time to time. Exhibitions are generally five – nine weeks in duration and are juried, invitational or selected from submitted proposals. Local, national and international artists, curators and educators are encouraged to submit proposals. While all proposals will be given equal consideration, artists living or working in the Midwest are especially encouraged to apply.
- Exploration of a traditional and/or experimental concept of art
- Expression of one or more thematic ideas
- Encouragement of interdisciplinary interactions
- Group shows developed around a common aesthetic
- Katherine Gardner Stevenson Gallery and Elizabeth M. Sinnock Gallery feature five – nine week exhibits and are juried, invitation or selected from submitted proposals. Submitted proposals will be considered for solo and group exhibits. Preference is given to regional or national awarded artists that have extensive exhibition records. The Katherine Gardner Stevenson Gallery is 1408 square feet with 202 feet of running wall with partitions. The Elizabeth M. Sinnock Gallery is 960 square feet and has 150 feet of running wall with partitions.
- Jack W. Boge Memorial Library and Conference Room features five – nine week exhibits of local & regional artists, the QAC permanent collection, and private and or public collections.
Satellite Exhibition Spaces
- Market Café and Bar This satellite exhibit space is located in the Market Café and Bar of Hy-Vee on Broadway in Quincy, IL. This space features 8 - 10 pieces of artwork for approximately two months. The focus is on exhibiting emerging local and regional artists. This space utilizes a chain link hanging system for 2-D pieces only. An opening reception is held on the first Wednesday of the exhibition and an artist talk is encouraged.
- Quincy Medical Group at 1118 Hampshire St. in Quincy, IL is a satellite exhibition space on the second floor of the QMG Hampshire building. This Exhibition opportunity is to help established artists gain recognition and exposure. The focus is on exhibiting local and regional artists for a two month time frame.
- Quincy Regional Airport and the Quincy Art Center have created a partnership to provide artwork for area travelers. Artwork exhibitions are representative of Quincy and Adams County's architecture and history.
How to Apply for an Exhibition
Download and fill out the Art Center Exhibition Form. Please submit completed form and the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An artist statement, not to exceed one page
- A resume or CV
- Biography, not to exceed one page
- The amount of specified digital images of individual works (detail images may be included). Image format must be jpeg. Images must represent work to be exhibited.
- Image List that include titles, mediums, dimensions, and year completed for each artwork image submitted. List must correlate exactly with the digital images.
Katherine Gardner Stevenson Gallery & Elizabeth M. Sinnock Gallery
The Quincy Art Center accepts proposals for gallery exhibits year-round. Generally, we are looking for exhibits to book two years out or more. Proposals may be kept for upwards of 3 years by the exhibitions committee for future consideration. Exhibition proposals are sent to the Executive Director & Curator for initial review. Proposals meeting the requirements will then be presented to the Exhibition Committee comprised of the Executive Director, Board Members and arts professionals for review. Most exhibits are two, or more, person shows and the QAC will match artists it believes will create an interesting, thought provoking exhibition. Proposals are reviewed twice yearly:
- Early Summer for proposals sent from January 1 through May 31
- Mid-Winter for proposals sent from June 1 through December 31
Jack W. Boge Memorial Library & Conference Room
The Quincy Art Center accepts proposals for gallery exhibits year-round. Exhibition proposals are sent to the Executive Director & Curator for review. Most exhibits are solo shows, and the QAC will select artists it believes will create an interesting, thought provoking exhibition.
Satellite Exhibition Spaces
The Quincy Art Center accepts proposals for gallery exhibits year-round. Exhibition proposals are sent to the HyVee Exhibition Preparator for review. Most exhibits are group shows and the QAC will select artists with common themes to exhibit together.
Quincy Art Center and Artist Responsibilities
A loan agreement is executed and an exhibition time scheduled. QAC will be responsible for installing and promoting the show and hosting a reception for the artists and community. QAC will also facilitate sales of work shown in the gallery. QAC retains a 30% commission of sales. All works are insured while on site.
QAC will design and print exhibit postcards, send e-mail and social media notifications, press releases and list exhibits on the QAC website. QAC has a contact list of over 1500 members, friends and interested parties. Artists may have QAC send postcard announcements to their own mailing list, of no more than 60 addresses. All postcards will be mailed in our bulk mail delivery; otherwise the artist is responsible for the postage. If given advance notice, additional postcards can be printed at the artist’s expense.
The QAC reserves the right to put together an exhibit that will show the artist’s work in the best possible way. QAC will have sole discretion in selecting the works to install, as well as the gallery layout of all work within a show.
Regional artwork will be picked up or returned by the QAC and artist. The QAC will only provide either the pick-up or return but will not provide both services. If the artist chooses to drop off and pick up artwork, then gas receipts associated with such travel costs will be reimbursed.
If shipping, the artist is responsible for delivery. Return shipping of artwork is provided by the QAC. Shipping costs will be set at a maximum according to the loan agreement.
Not applicable for juried competitions.
For further information about the gallery sizes and contract terms, please contact Jennifer Teter, Executive Director and Curator, at email@example.com
Enter a Group Exhibit or Juried Competition!
- Biennial Quad-State Exhibit
- Students and Instructors of the Quincy Art Center Exhibit
- High School Student Art Exhibit
- Mary S. Oakley & Lee Lindsay Artist Showcase
- 9th Annual Members' Exhibit
- Salvage Salon - partner with QPL Big Read
- Fall Colors of Street Rodding Color Run Contest
- Good People - partner with Quincy Community Theatre